Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Paris Day 7

Our last full day in Paris.  So sad to leave yet SO excited to get back home and get back to normal.  I missed my kids, my house, my town.  Basically my life!  That is the great thing about traveling I think.  You appreciate your life and where you are from so much more.  I experienced that even when I travelled to Texas in February.  Does that mean I am right where I am meant to be?  I believe I have been blessed with the gift of contentment.  I love exactly where I am right now.  
So, our last day in Paris consisted of me shopping and Jeremy working.  Sound familiar? He left early again and I got up and got ready to tackle the Metro on my own.


By the end of our trip, I had the Metro all figured out!  I got to the Louvre metro stop and started shopping.  I got some little things for the boys and also a little dress for Addie at a big department store where NO one spoke English.  I was a tad bit intimidated, but I pressed on!  I also got a few little Paris trinkets for myself.  It was a fun day!  This door caught my eye from across the street on Rivoli Avenue.  
  
(I have a thing for doors)


Jeremy and I went on our last date in Paris around the corner from our hotel.  L'Artoisewas the name of the restaurant.  Definitely our favorite of all time.  It was a tiny little place that was run by an older gentleman (later we found out he was the owner).  He may have been the nicest person in France (hard to come by, by the way!)  Such a personality and did everything to make sure our meal was perfect.  And it was.  Four-course wonderfulness!   

 Adieu Paris jusqu'à la prochaine fois...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!